1. Received our official trademark registration on "The Cordial Cricket" from the United States Trademark Office. Which I guess means we can start putting this little trademark thing after our name ® and that no one else in America can use our name!
2. Celebrated our first year in our new location in Chester, VA, which was a huge step up from our first teeny-tiny location.
3. Attended 3 bridal shows and helped hundreds of brides.
4. Had our first ever visit from Santa...still pinching ourselves over that one.
5. Attended the 58th Annual Retailer Excellence Awards as a finalist for 2 national retailer awards sponsored by Gifts & Decorative Accessories Magazine.
6. Wrote our first article for a national publication.
7. Grew our customer list by leaps and bounds!
8. Joined Twitter and forged new relationships with lots of great customers, local peeps and fellow industry folks.
9. Held our first custom silhouette event with local artist Gibson Lane Studio
10. Gave out our first ever "SWAG" bags to excited customers who patiently waited in line for them.
Stay tuned for many more exciting things to happen for us in 2010. We will start the year off right by participating in Richmond's two largest bridal shows in January and in February we will celebrate our 5th year in business! That's right, I started this biz in February 2005 out of my house as a part-time venture and its now 5 years later. I have learned many lessons already in just 5 short years, but one of the biggest ones is that its a much bigger deal to be a 5 year old business than it has ever been before.
Watch out next 5 years, here we come! Shop with us, follow us, be friends with us and help us continue to grow our small business in 2010 and the years to come, we promise to make it worthwhile.